VILLAGE OF AMITYVILLE – VILLAGE HALL
Position: Secretary to Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board & Board of Trustees (collectively, the Boards). Secretarial duties to the Boards and a contact person for the public and other Village/Town Boards and Officials.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Attendance at four (4) evening meetings per month is required. Meetings: 2 Board of Trustees, 1 Zoning Board and 1 Planning Board.
Department: Building Department
Supervision: Instruction from the Boards, Mayor or Clerk/Treasurer as to their needs and those things under their jurisdiction. Day to day supervision by the Building Inspector.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule meetings/hearings, set up and prepares agendas for ZBA and PB meetings;
- Pick up, sort and retain incoming mail for each Board’s review;
- Post all meetings and changes in meeting schedule in accordance with The Open Meeting Law;
- Set-up, attend, record and transcribe minutes at all ZBA, PB and BoT meetings;
- Place meeting reminder calls to the Board members and other attendees;
- Research background information for the Board as directed by the Chairpersons or his/her designee;
- Review Village By-laws for possible changes, deletions or additions;
- Set up appointments/site visits for the Board members when needed;
- Perform secretarial duties; such as preparing letters, filing, etc.;
- Maintain record of all approved meeting minutes;
- Prepare bills payable;
- Type forms, reports and letters for the Boards;
- Place legal advertisements/public hearing notices;
- Liaison between other Village/Town Boards;
- Fulfill all information requests;
- Update and maintain files;
- Answer phone calls, take messages;
- Process all petition filings and applications; assist applicants with procedural requirements; check for completeness;
- Assist public with the completion of paperwork;
- Provide the General Public with an office for questions related to Zoning, Planning, Board of Trustees and a place to examine a copy of the Zoning, Planning and Board of Trustees By-laws, Meeting Minutes etc.; and
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requirements: Proficient in Microsoft Office
Interested, qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
Village of Amityville Police Department
FEMALE DETENTION ATTENDANTS
The Amityville Police Department is looking for female Detention Attendants who work on a call-in as needed basis, days, nights and weekends, to guard females detained at the Amityville police station.
Detention Attendants will:
• Search female prisoners;
• Observe inmates in cells to assure their well-being and adherence to regulations and rules;
• Make required inspections of prisoners;
• Maintain detention log with periodic entries
All uniforms and equipment are provided by the Police Department. We offer a minimum 4-hour tour when you are called in. The rate of pay is $15.30 per hour, with a weekend and night differential pay of $20.40 per hour and a bonus based on call-in response.
Applicants must successfully pass a background investigation, as well as medical and psychological testing prior to employment. Detention Attendants must be 18 years of age or older. No experience is necessary and all training is provided. A valid New York State driver’s license is required.
Interested parties should complete the attached Application for Employment and return it by mail to Village Hall, 21 Ireland Place, Amityville, NY 11701, attention Deputy Clerk or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org Application for Employment
VILLAGE OF AMITYVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Paramedic, per diem – Per diem Paramedic’s work when they are called in due to the absence of the regularly scheduled Paramedic.
Interested, qualified candidates should email their resume and certification to email@example.com.