The Village of Amityville is seeking candidates for a part-time fire marshal.
- Inspects municipally owned or leased, and/or public and private buildings to determine where fire hazards exist and makes recommendations for corrections of unsafe conditions, including fire safety inspections associated with Village regulated rental properties;
- Investigates complaints of fire hazards and endeavors to correct irregularities;
- Reports violations; re-inspects the premises where violations were discovered to ensure their correction; reports repeated violations to proper authorities for further action;
- Investigates and files reports detailing the nature and cause of fires;
- Plans, develops and presents fire safety, fire protection and emergency management programs;
- Assists in preparing plans for fire safety, fire detection and evacuation, and natural and technical disaster preparation, mitigation, response and recovery procedures;
- Maintains records and prepares reports of inspections and investigations; and
- Responds to hazardous material incidents.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week. No benefits provided.
Starting salary: Commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Deirdre L. Parker, Deputy Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
FEMALE DETENTION ATTENDANTS
The Amityville Police Department is looking for female Detention Attendants who work on a call-in as needed basis, days, nights and weekends, to guard females detained at the Amityville police station.
Detention Attendants will:
• Search female prisoners;
• Observe inmates in cells to assure their well-being and adherence to regulations and rules;
• Make required inspections of prisoners;
• Maintain detention log with periodic entries
All uniforms and equipment are provided by the Police Department. We offer a minimum 4-hour tour when you are called in. The rate of pay is $15.30 per hour, with a weekend and night differential pay of $20.40 per hour and a bonus based on call-in response.
Applicants must successfully pass a background investigation, as well as medical and psychological testing prior to employment. Detention Attendants must be 18 years of age or older AND have graduated from a standard senior high school OR possess a high school equivalency diploma. No experience is necessary and all training is provided. A valid New York State driver’s license is required.
Interested parties should complete the attached Application for Employment and return it by mail to Village Hall, 21 Ireland Place, Amityville, NY 11701, attention Deputy Clerk or via email, email@example.com Application for Employment
The Village of Amityville is seeking interested candidates for crossing guard positions. We are looking for reliable, trustworthy individuals who enjoy the outdoors and interaction with the public. Interested candidates must pass a thorough background check and enjoy providing a safe environment for our children when crossing some of our major intersections and roadways. Qualified candidates who are hired receive $13.26 per hour, uniforms, and uniform maintenance. Medical coverage is not included.
If you believe you possess these qualities, you should complete the attached Application for Employment and return it by mail to Village Hall, 21 Ireland Place, Amityville, NY 11701, attention Deputy Clerk or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org Application for Employment
VILLAGE OF AMITYVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Paramedic, per diem – Per diem Paramedic’s work when they are called in due to the absence of the regularly scheduled Paramedic.
Interested, qualified candidates should email their resume and certification to email@example.com