Quality of Life – Parking Enforcement Officer
- Patrols areas where meters are located to prevent and detect violations of local ordinances governing parking and deposit of fees;
- Writes and distributes summonses for overtime violation at parking meters;
- Writes summonses for violations of ordinances governing use of handicapped parking spaces and no-parking zones;
- Receives and investigates complaints about violations of local ordinances;
- Issues and serves summonses if violations are not corrected;
- Prepares reports on inspections conducted and recommends actions to correct violations;
- Reviews records to establish ownership of property and to determine if permits and licenses required by local ordinances have been obtained;
- Maintains records of code violations and corrective action taken;
- Answers inquiries from the public concerning local ordinances;
- Prepares written reports and recommendations concerning local ordinances;
- May prepare information for the courts regarding violations;
- May appear as a witness in District court and/or other courts.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Good knowledge of local ordinances governing parking and parking meters;
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to deal with the general public in a courteous and tactful manner;
- Thorough knowledge of the local procedures for the enforcement of local ordinances;
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations concerning public order and safety;
- Good knowledge of effective investigatory techniques;
- Ability to keep records and to prepare written reports;
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
A valid, clean driver’s license is required.
Hours: 15 hours per week with flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours.
Starting salary: $18.50 per hour
Certification needed: Applicant must be able to obtain certification as a Building Safety Inspector within 18 months of appointment date to the position.
Resumes should be sent to Deirdre L. Parker, Deputy Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Village of Amityville is seeking interested candidates for crossing guard positions. We are looking for reliable, trustworthy individuals who enjoy the outdoors and interaction with the public. Interested candidates must pass a thorough background check and enjoy providing a safe environment for our children when crossing some of our major intersections and roadways. Qualified candidates who are hired receive $17.00 per hour, uniforms, and uniform maintenance. Medical coverage is not included.
If you believe you possess these qualities, you should complete the attached Application for Employment and return it by mail to Village Hall, 21 Ireland Place, Amityville, NY 11701, attention Deputy Clerk or via email, email@example.com Application for Employment
VILLAGE OF AMITYVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Paramedic, per diem – Per diem Paramedic’s work when they are called in due to the absence of the regularly scheduled Paramedic.
Interested, qualified candidates should email their resume and certification to firstname.lastname@example.org