Please take precautions to remain safe during inclement weather as winds and snow may knock down power lines and cause other dangerous situations.
Customer Safety Tips from PSEG:
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away, do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report downed wires call 911 or PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don’t drive over – and don’t stand near – downed power lines.
- Downed lines will be hard to see in the snow and can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of slush or standing water, stop, back up and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more
- Customers should prepare, be cautious and stay alert to their surroundings during and after storms. Review storm preparation tips at https://www.psegliny.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety.
- As part of our social distancing protocols, we ask that customers remain in their homes when crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible “social distancing” and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved. For more information about how PSEG Long Island continues to live up to its commitments during the pandemic, please visit www.psegliny.com/covid19.