Zoning Board of Appeals
Contact: Catherine C. Murdock, Clerk/Treasurer
21 Ireland Place
Amityville, NY 11701
Phone: (631) 264-6000
Meetings: Third Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM in the Village Court Room, 3rd floor.
Richard Ubert – Chairperson
The Zoning Board of Appeals was established by Chapter 4 of the Village Code. Residents are required to apply for permission from the ZBA for the following purposes:
- to modify frontage, front yard, side yard, rear yard depth and lot area requirements in the A, BB, B, C Residence, H Historical, B-1 Retail Business, B-2 General Business and B-3 Marine Business districts
- to build or alter a building used or to be used in connection with a lawful nonconforming use
- to request permission to subdivide a lot
- to request permission to construct an accessory building (shed, boathouse, etc.)
- to erect a fence in excess of 4 feet in height
- other permits for use or special exceptions as named in the Code of the Village of Amityville (click on link above to access the full text of the Village Code)
Please contact the Zoning Board of Appeals Secretary with any questions or visit Village Hall.